Intervista a John Wayne Parr
Il sito Polacco d’informazioni sulla Muay Thai Fight24.pl ha offerto a MuayFarang.com la versione in inglese dell’intervista al pluricampione Australiano John Wayne Parr.
Ecco l’intervista in inglese:
1) You were the condender in first “Contender Asia” reality show. Give us your thoughts on this show.
Being Part of the Contender Asia was one of the highlights of my career. I was picked up a week before the show started as someone was injured. The time in the house was fun, yet there was a lot of behind the scenes where all you do is wait around hours on end while they are setting the cameras up. I am very proud to have made the final as it really helped take my profile as a fighter to a whole new level.
2) You have battled a lot of bouts. Is there a bout you will always remember as special one?
I have so many after having 118 fights. One that truly stands out was beating Orono in a rematch on the kings birthday year 2000. He beat me by elbow cut 1997 and really was a super star against the Thai’s. I wasn’t even matched with Orono until the weighin after Masato refused to fight Orono in fear of medical reasons. I took the fight last moment and was lucky to beat him in front of 100,000 people and live on Thai TV picking up my first world title in Bangkok.
3) Now You successfull promoter. Your organization Caged Muay Thai is getting more and more popular. But I want ask You maybe weird question. Is any fighter who fought at CMT become successfull Mixed Martial Artist?
No. We do CMT because we love Muay Thai. We don’t want to be mma fighters, just test our skills in the same environment as the mma guys. Why should mma guys be allowed to have all the fun, I want to be able to fight in a cage also.
4. You become father once again. Are Your kids pretending to be Martial Artists?
Yes, I have way to many kids now. My daughter has had 2 fights already and wants to have more.
My young son is only 6 so we told him he has to be 8 before his first fight. I Hope they take it up as its the greatest life style possible.
5. Tell me about Australian Professional Fighting Market. UFC, CMT and Carnage Fighting is Australian shows. Do You cooperate? Why You and Corbett don’t fight at the same cards? Two worldwide superstars is always more entertain and profitable than one.
Yes me and Nathan are good friends. Only problem with both of us fighting on the same show is it’s very expensive as we are both the big prize fighters down here. On my CMT events I am the promoter and fight the main event. I am not even sure if I am getting paid or not until after the show to see how many people came through the door. Corbett has his own promotion so he has the same problem. Australia is only a small country and we are lucky to get 4000 to a show.
Hopefully one day the sport become more main stream and bigger money is involved. Until then just have to keep trying our best to make the sport as exciting as possible.
6. Feel free to thank sb.
Thank you for the interview and hello to all the fans of Muay Thai on Poland.