The Muay Thai Legends: Samart Payakaroon
Fighting Name: Samart Payakaroon
Born: 5 Dicembre 1962
Started Muay Thai: 1972
Ended Muay Thai: 1994 (in the last years still fought few times).
- 105 lb Thailand Champion of Lumpinee Stadium in 1980
- 108 lb Thailand Champion of Lumpinee Stadium in 1980
- 115 lb Thailand Champion of Lumpinee Stadium in 1981
- 126 lb Thailand Champion of Lumpinee Stadium in 1981
Fighter of the year (one of the best Muay Thai awards):
- 1981 Sports Writers of Thailand fighter of the year
- 1983 Sports Writers of Thailand fighter of the year
- 1988 Sports Writers of Thailand fighter of the year
WBC Super Bantamweight Champion from 18 January 1986 to 8 May 1987
Samart began what became his profession in 1972 beside his brother Manus Thipthamai (aka Pi Toui).
His first match was disputed in a temple in Chachoengsao province, against Pet-aroon Sitnimit, where Samart won on points.
After his first match, Samart moved to Pattaya with his brother “Sompong.”
Since 1975, the two brothers trained in the historic Camp Sityodthong of A-jan Yodthong Senanant.
He was also a very good boxer and won the prestigious World WBC super bantamweight belt in 1986.
Samart is not only a Nak Muay and Boxer but also a singer and actor, in fact during his career Samart has released 3 albums under a music record label (Pop – Country music) and acted in 9 movies.